Doug Warkentin is a top producing Financial Planner, well known across Manitoba for his advanced tax strategies, and for his advanced wealth building strategies. A graduate of the Canadian Institute of financial planners, Doug provides comprehensive financial planning and investment advice to individual and corporations.
- Doug has full certification and accreditation awarded by the Financial Planners Standards Council, and is licensed as an investment advisor through IIROC and the MSC. Doug is also a Fellow of The Canadian Securities Institute. The FCSI is the highest honour and most senior credential in Canadian financial services. It is reserved solely for an elite group of experienced financial services professionals that meet the highest standards for advanced education, ethical conduct, industry experience and peer endorsement.
- Consistently ranked as one of the top advisors in Canada over the last 14 years at previous firm.
- Received numerous industry awards within the financial services industry.
- Mentored hundreds of advisors across Canada, and been asked to lecture across the country.
- Has been interviewed by CBC, Investment Executive, among other publications.
- Alongside his wife Izabella are active in local charities.
- Past Board member at the Winnipeg Humane Society for 5 years.
- Past Head Coach for the Stingrays swim club (Manitoba Special Olympics) for 8 years.
Awards & Honours
At a prior firm, Doug received the Art Kroeker award for “Financial Planner of the Year” 7 consecutive years (2001-2008). Also at a prior firm, he obtained the highest ranking by qualifying for “President’s Circle” status for 10 consecutive years (1998-2008). Each of these awards represents the top 1% in that company.
With this perspective on managing wealth, Doug has been recognized with the following achievements:
- 2009 Chairman’s Club *
- 2008 President’s Elite **
- 2007 President’s Elite **
- 2006 President’s Elite **
- 2005 President’s Elite **
- 2004 President’s Elite **
- 2003 President’s Club ***
- 2002 President’s Club ***
- 2001 President’s Club ***
- 2000 President’s Club ***
- 1999 President’s Club ***
* Recognizes the top 1% of advisors at a prior firm
** Recognizes the top 1% of consultants at a prior firm
*** Recognizes the top 2% of consultants at a prior firm
Warkentin Group Private Wealth Management
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3N9
Telephone: (204) 414-2479
Fax: (204) 414-2779
"The best way to come up with a recommendation for a client is just to put myself in their shoes."